DMI opened its first center in September 1998, in Indian Wells, California; and due to its success, we opened 3 additional centers over the next 10 years in Indio, Palm Springs and Yucca Valley. All four of our facilities provide magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), spiral computed tomography (CT) imaging, and ultrasound. Our Indian Wells facility is affiliated with Indian Wells PET/CT Center.
Dr. John Feller (Owner and Medical Director) continues to adapt to ever changing technology which has kept DMI the leader in advanced imaging in the Coachella Valley. We have vendor relationships that allow us to partake in research and development of various products which allows us to be the first outpatient imaging center of its kind to have university level technology. Often times DMI is the first practice to design and implement the latest innovations in MRI and CT in the world.
A few examples of DMI’s breakthroughs are:
- In 2010, DMI performed the first in the world Focal Laser Ablation of prostate tumor in an outpatient center.
- DMI was the first in the Coachella Valley to offer Diagnostic MRI of the prostate gland and MR guided prostate biopsies.
- DMI was the first in the Coachella Valley to perform Cardiac Coronary CT’s on a 64 slice CT using Step and Shoot technology, which significantly reduces the amount a radiation a patient receives during the exam.
- DMI was the first outpatient center in the Coachella Valley to have a permanent PET/CT.
- DMI is the ONLY outpatient imaging center in the Coachella Valley that has sub-specialized radiologists reading all exams. Our four radiologists specialize in Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology, Orthopedic/Sports Medicine and Whole Body.
In our geographic area, there are many imaging centers, but DMI distinguishes itself because of excellence in the quality of service we provide, reflected in our Mission Statement:
Desert Medical Imaging will provide the highest quality patient care possible in an outpatient imaging center.