Our expert therapists will design a recovery regimen based on your body’s needs and our team’s recommendations. The combined use of therapeutic modalities, massage, manual therapy techniques, and flexibility/strengthening exercises will have you feeling like yourself again in no time.
Physical therapy can get you back to a life unhindered by pain or stiffness by improving your strength and mobility. It is an essential step in the path to recovery and can even prevent future surgeries.
Preoperative Physical Therapy
For most people, physical therapy comes to mind only when trying to avoid or recover from surgery. Few are aware of the immense benefits of a structured preop regimen. Numerous studies have addressed this topic and the importance of preop physical therapy is gradually becoming more known. Undergoing any surgery requires mental and physical preparation, particularly when it comes to orthopedic and sports injuries. Restoring optimal, painless mobility is the goal.
Preop Regimen Guidelines:
- Strengthen the muscle and improve the range of motion of the injured joint or limb. This will improve recovery speed after surgery.
- Improve your overall wellbeing and fitness. Surgery itself is an injury to your body. Being physically fit before your surgery puts you a few steps ahead during your recovery process.
- Educate yourself on postoperative expectations. This gives you an opportunity to get familiar with different exercises and equipment.
- Get to know your physical therapists. They are vital players on your path to recovery.
Commonly Treated Conditions
• Ankle sprains
• Foot pain
• Back pain
• Shoulder and neck pain
• Tennis/golf elbow
• Frozen shoulder
• Post-surgery rehabilitation
• Work-related injuries/pain
• Balance and fall prevention for the elderly